Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Free PDF creator software

I was working on a project, and I had to create a PDF file out of a Microsoft Visio file. It's harder to do than you might think, especially for free.

I managed to find a program called CutePDF Writer - this will allow you to go to your File Menu and select Print, and instead of sending it to a printer, you write the contents to a PDF file. The effect? What you see is what you get - you won't have to worry if someone else doesn't have the fonts that you have on your screen, or the program that you created it in - be it Visio, Publisher, Word, Excel, or any non-Microsoft tool that can print.

To repeat the best part, it's also free. As one of my former students once said, "If it's free, it's for me".

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp