Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gravitational Constant

In one of the more bizarre things I've heard of, a Florida teen committed suicide this evening live, via Webcam.

As someone who grew up in a less than supportive family environment, I can relate to the desire to escape, but it always pains me to see people choose suicide as an answer. A friend of mine, Rick Cook, committed suicide in high school, and I remember how it affected people who weren't even close to him. I suppose we don't realize in our teenage years how much we affect the world...or maybe we do. The sad part is that this teenager probably had people who would have dropped things to prevent the loss of life.

In this life, folks, there are some things we can undo, but suicide is never anything we can undo, and I hope Abraham has found peace in whatever afterlife exists, if any.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081122/ap_on_re_us/webcam_suicide

No comments: