PCCC can nominate one student for this award.
The NJ Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Commission is proud to announce the 2008 - 2009 King Scholarship Program. Established in 1999 in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., the King Scholarship Program recognizes NJ college students for their academic and extracurricular achievements to further the causes championed by the civil rights leader. Scholarships in the amount of $5000 are awarded annually.
Students must submit their application and supporting documentation to the Office of the Dean for Evening Administration/Associate Dean for Student Affairs (E101) by the deadline of May 14, 2009.
- Show evidence that they intend to pursue a course of study in social work, labor, history, political science, divinity or religion, sociology, psychology or other fields that will enable them to further the causes championed by Dr.King.
- Have attained a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through participation in community service, and/or co-curricular activities.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident in the state of New Jersey.
- Must have completed 15 credits.