There is a Web site that allows you to find money that may be owed to you.
According to their site, it can find:
* Bank accounts and safe deposit box contents
* Stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and dividends
* Uncashed checks and wages
* Insurance policies, CD's, trust funds
* Utility deposits, escrow accounts
You may wonder "is this a legitimate site?" - it seems a little shady, I agree. However, money that has not been repaid has to be reported, and this Web site is the spot where this is done in many states, including New Jersey.
However, it is 100% legitimate, and two of my friends found money that was owed to them.
How can I tell it is legitimate? Well, the state of New Jersey's official Web site links to it here and many other state Web sites do as well.
Give it a shot, you can do a search by just your first and last name: